6th grade project - Cultural Traditiions



A tradition that I and my family do is called Diwali. Diwali means “row of lighted lamps”. Diwali is the holiday that happens every year during October or November and is 4 days long. Diwali is a tradition in which we decorate lights on our houses. Every time on Diwali, we go to the temple and stay there for 2 hours. We also buy sweets. Diwali is a cultural holiday celebrated in India and my family and I celebrates this tradition every year.




Diwali originated because people celebrated after a good harvest with lights. During Diwali, people light fireworks and light oil lamps. People started this tradition long ago, at 700 B.C in India, and had repeated this tradition ever since.


I think Diwali is required since there should be a day when people celebrate after doing hard work. Diwali also lasts a lot of time. I think Diwali, the festival of lights does all that. It is meaningful to me and my family since I like seeing all the decorations on Diwali. I also like Diwali since people will light up fireworks. I like Diwali since there is a lot of noise during all the days of Diwali. We go to temples and do decorations around our house.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

UA-46724997-1